Watch & Win $1,000!
2009 Official Contest Rules (the “Contest Rules”)
PennySaverUSA.com, a division of Harte-Hanks Shoppers, Inc. (“PennySaver'”) presents the Watch & Win $1,000 contest (the “Contest”). Entrants watch the Savertime music video, answer six trivia questions about the video, and enter to win $1,000.
To be eligible to enter, entrants must meet all of the following criteria:
- You must be at least 18 years old on the date that you enter this Contest.
- You must be a legal resident of the contiguous 48 states of the United States and the District of Columbia.
There is no entry fee or purchase necessary to participate in this contest.
The following persons are ineligible to enter or participate in the Contest:
- Employees of PennySaver and its affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions
- Advertising and promotional agencies
- The respective officers, directors and agents and the immediate family members and persons living in the same household of each of the above. “Immediate family members” include parents, siblings, spouses, and children.
- Eligible entrants may enter the Contest by filling out all requested information on the entry form found on the web page http://www.PennySaverUSA.com/watchandwin, correctly answering six trivia questions related to the Savertime music video also located at this web site, and completing and submitting the contest entry form. No other form of entry is permitted.
- PennySaver may modify the quiz questions at any time by posting replacement quiz questions on this web site.
- Use of automated devices not valid for entry.
· All submissions must be received between August 22, 2009 and October 7, 2009. No submissions will be considered that are received after 11:59 Pacific Daylight Time on that date.
- PennySaver may modify the Contest Rules at any time by posting replacement Contest Rules on this web site.
- Registering for and/or participating in the Contest signifies your agreement to be bound by the Contest Rules, as PennySaver may change them.
- All entries become the sole property of PennySaver and will not be returned.
· Questions regarding the Contest Rules or the Contest may be submitted by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Valid entries are limited to those that have filled out all required fields and those that have answered all six questions correctly.
- Only entries received via the website http://www.PennySaverUSA.com/watchandwin will be considered.
Choosing the Winner
- All correct, valid entries will be placed into a random drawing. Limit one entry per person/email address.
- PennySaver will choose a winner from the pool of valid entries at random within within seven days of the close of the Contest (that is, on or before October 14, 2009). Delays are possible, however, and will not be the basis of any liability on behalf of PennySaver or any other person.
· Selection by Pennysaver will be final.
- One grand prize: $1,000. (US)
- Promptly after the winner has been chosen, the winner will be notified at the email address provided in the original entry submission. Only one winner will be chosen.
- The name of the winner will be posted on our website at http://www.PennySaverUSA.com/watchandwin and/or http://www.PennySaverUSA.com/savertime
- The winner will receive $1,000.00 (US). In addition, the name of the winner may be mentioned in an issue of the PennySaverUSA weekly flyer to be distributed in markets to be determined by PennySaver, on pennysaverusa.com and on selected online marketing channels for Pennysaverusa.com, including its branded Facebook page and Twitter feed. There is nominal commercial value for the inclusion in such media.
- To claim a prize, winners should follow the instructions contained in their notification.
- If a prize is unclaimed an alternate winner will be chosen by the judges.
- All submissions shall become, and shall remain, the sole property of PennySaver. Upon submission, PennySaver shall exclusively own all rights to and shall be entitled to unrestricted use of all such submissions without compensation, including without limitation the use of all submitted written text and pictures. No submissions will be returned. PennySaver is not responsible for any lost or misplaced submissions. By participating in the Contest, you warrant that your submission is original and that you have the right to transfer all rights in it to PennySaver.
Acknowledgement of Proprietary Rights:
- By participating in the Contest, you acknowledge that all information contained on PennySaver's web site with regard to the Contest is be protected by one or more valid copyrights, patents, trademarks, trade secrets, or other proprietary rights, and that all such rights, are owned by PennySaver or its licensors or suppliers. PennySaver reserves all rights. You may not replicate, modify, publish, or participate in the transfer or sale of, create derivative works from, or in any way exploit this information.
- By registering for and/or participating in the Contest, you agree and grant permission for your name, picture, voice, likeness, and/or biographical information to be used for promotional purposes including but not limited to printing, publishing, audio and video recording and broadcast and use in any media and at any time without compensation. You agree to cooperate reasonably in such promotion if you are a prizewinner.
Affidavit and Release
- As a condition of being awarded any prize, the winner will be required to execute and deliver to PennySaver a signed affidavit of eligibility and acceptance of these Contest Rules and release of liability.
- If either the winner is unable or unwilling to sign such affidavit of eligibility and acceptance of the Contest Rules and release of liability, an alternate winner will be chosen based on the judging criteria outlined herein and the alternate winner shall receive the prize.
- If you should be awarded the prize and you are a US citizen or US permanent resident, you will be required to provide your Social Security or tax identification number. The winner will be provided with an IRS form 1099 with regard to their award.
- If you should be awarded the prize and you are not a US citizen or US permanent resident, you will be required to disclose that fact to PennySaver. PennySaver will withhold income tax from any award to students that are not US citizens or permanent residents as may be required by law.
- If you decline or fail to cooperate in these matters, PennySaver reserves the right to withdraw the award and the prize.
- Winners are responsible for all taxes that may apply to winnings.
Accuracy of Information:
- You represent that all information that you supply in the Contest is complete and accurate. If you submit incomplete or inaccurate information, PennySaver reserves the right to withdraw the award and the prize.
Limitation of Liability:
- By registering for and/or participating in the Contest you agree that PennySaver shall not be liable for or responsible for any damage, loss, or claim under any circumstances. PENNYSAVER MAKE MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED.
Applicable Law; Void Where Prohibited:
- The law governing contests under state and federal law will apply. You agree to comply with all applicable laws, statutes and regulations in relation to this contest.
- The Contest may not be legally permissible in certain areas, and the Contest is void where prohibited.
Winners List; Rules Request:
- For a copy of the name of the winner and corresponding nominator, send a stamped, self addressed, business-size envelope after October 16, 2009 and before October 16, 2010 to PennySaver at the sponsor address listed below, Attn: Watch & Win $1,000 Winners List.
- To obtain a copy of these rules, send a stamped, self-addressed business-size envelope to PennySaver at the sponsor address listed below, Attn: Watch & Win $1,000! Rules Request. Residents of WA and VT may omit return postage.
- The sole sponsor of this contest is PennySaverUSA.com, a division of Harte-Hanks Shoppers, Inc., 2830 Orbiter Street, Brea, California 92622.
Copyright (C) 2009 by Harte-Hanks Shoppers, Inc.