Check out our other resources to make your ad succesful!
Tips for Selling Online
Sell a Used Car Online
Safety Tips for Selling Online
Sell Your Textbooks
Why Sell on PennySaverUSA
List Rental Property
Post a Garage Sale Ad
Why post on PennySaverUSA.com?
- It's FREE!
- Your ad lasts 21 days!
- You can upload up to 9 photos!
- It's easy to create your listing!
If your wedding dress has been hanging in your closet for several months, or even years, and you have no intention of passing the gown on to your daughter, you should consider selling it online.
Selling a used wedding dress is a great way to pocket some extra cash. Couples tie the knot every week, and many brides search for nice, inexpensive dresses online. If you want to lend a helping hand to a budget-conscious bride, place an ad to sell your wedding dress online.
You should expect soe competition, but here are a few tips to help your ad stand out above the rest:
- Include a full length photo when you place an ad to sell your wedding dress. Place the dress on a hanger and photograph it hanging on the back of a closet door. Another option is to place the gown on a mannequin, or even use a live model, and photograph the dress from the neck down. Remember to take pictures of both the front and back of the dress.
- Give details about the dress. Include the gown's designer, the model number (if applicable), size of the dress, and the year it was purchased. Provide a strong description of the dress in the ad. Is there lace, trim, or other embellishments? Is it white, or ivory? Is it bustled in the back? How long is the bridal train? Be as accurate as possible about the condition of the dress.
- Have the dress professionally cleaned before you place an ad. A bride might see your ad and anxiously request to see the dress in-person. A clean dress speaks a thousand words and helps secure the sale.