Best Christmas Decorations Contest
2010 Official Rules (the “Rules”)
PennySaverUSA.com, a division of Harte-Hanks Shoppers, Inc. (“PennySaver’”) presents the Holiday Decorations Contest (the “Contest”). To enter, contestants have to submit an original photo containing decorations in or on their home or in their office to the official contest entry page. PennySaver will not accept submissions through Facebook Comments or Wall Posts. Photographs are subject to content restrictions.
To be eligible to enter, entrants must meet all of the following:
· Entrants must be at least 18 years old on the date that you enter this Contest.
· Entrants must be a legal resident of the contiguous 48 states of the United States and the District of Columbia.
There is no entry fee or purchase necessary to participate in this contest.
The following persons are ineligible to enter or participate in the Sweepstakes:
· Employees of PennySaver and its affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions
· Advertising and promotional agencies
· The respective officers, directors and agents and the immediate family members and persons living in the same household of each of the above. “Immediate family members” include parents, siblings, spouses, and children
The Contest begins at 12:00:01 AM Pacific Daylight Time on December 6, 2010 and ends 11:59:59 PM Pacific Daylight Time on December 31, 2010.
How to Enter:
1. Go to the official PennySaverUSA.com contest page at http://pennysaverusa.com/contest
2. Complete the entry form and submit your photo using the file upload field on the contest entry form. The maximum file size is 10mb and it is restricted to .jpg, .png, and .gif formats.
3. Once the form is submitted, your entry will be entered to the Best Christmas Decorations Contest.
All submissions must be received on or before December 31, 2010. No submissions will be considered that are received after 11:59 PM Pacific Daylight Time on that date. A maximum of 1 entry per household will be accepted during the contest. Any entries in excess will be discarded.
By submitting an entry, you agree that it adheres to the Photo Requirements defined below and that PennySaver, in its sole discretion, may remove your entry if it fails to conform to the Rules or Requirements in any way, in which case your entry shall be disqualified from the Contest.
· The Photo must be original and created solely by the entrant and no other party has any right, title, claim, or interest in the Photo.
· The Photo must not contain obscene, provocative, defamatory, sexually explicit, or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate content.
· The Photo must be in one of the following formats: .jpg, .png., or .gif.
· The file size of the Photo must not exceed 10mb.
· Registering for and/or participating in the Contest signifies your agreement to be bound by these Official Rules including all submission and eligibility requirements.
· Illegible and/or incomplete Entries submitted and/or entrants who do not meet the eligibility requirements are void.
· Submissions that are deemed inappropriate, indecent, obscene or disparaging of PennySaver, as determined by PennySaver in its sole discretion, will be disqualified.
· Proof of entering information on the Website does not constitute proof of delivery or receipt.
· PennySaver reserves the right to modify the scheduling of the Contest without prior notification.
· Use of computer programs, macro, programmed, robotic, automatic and other similar means to enter the Contest is prohibited and may result in the disqualification of the entrant. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an Entry, the Entry will be deemed to be submitted by the person in whose name the e-mail account is registered on the date the Entry is submitted.
· All submissions shall become, and shall remain, the sole property of PennySaver. Upon submission, PennySaver shall exclusively own all rights to and shall be entitled to unrestricted use of all such submissions without compensation, including without limitation the use of all submitted written text and pictures.
· PennySaver is not responsible for any lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, illegible, misdirected or misplaced submissions. By participating in the Contest, you warrant that your submission is original and that you have the right to transfer all rights in it to PennySaver.
· Questions regarding the Contest Rules or the Contest may be submitted by e-mail to email@example.com.
· Each Contestant may enter one (1) photo per household. Any attempt by any Contestant to enter more than the stated number of Submissions by using multiple/different profiles, email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that Entry and that Contestant may be disqualified.
· Judging will be made by a panel of judges selected by PennySaver.
· PennySaver judges will select their favorite photos
· The decision by the judges will be final.
· The winners’ statuses are contingent upon completion and receipt of a signed Affidavit and Release. (See Affidavit and Release).
· One (1) grand prize will be awarded to one (1) Entrant.
· The grand prize shall consist of a two hundred fifty dollar ($150) cash prize awarded in the form of a certified check.
· One (1) Second Place Prize will be awarded to one (1) entrant.
· The second place prize shall consist of a seventy-five dollar ($75) cash prize awarded in the form of a certified check.
· One (1) third place prize will be awarded to one (1) Entrant.
· The third place prize shall consist of a fifty dollar ($50) cash prize awarded in the form of a certified check.
· The total Approximate Retail Value (ARV) of all prizes is $275.
· Winners will be notified by e-mail with further details on how to claim a prize.
· If a prize is unclaimed, an alternate winner will be selected.
· The name of the winner will also be posted on our website at http://www.PennySaverUSA.com/ and the winner shall submit a photo of their PennySaver of the Month crown to be posted on a PennySaver of the Month page that archives all winners.
· In addition, the name of the winner shall be mentioned in an issue of the PennySaverUSA weekly flyer to be distributed in markets to be determined by PennySaver, on pennysaverusa.com and on selected online marketing channels for Pennysaverusa.com, including its branded Facebook page, Twitter feed and blog at http://blog.pennysaverusa.com. There is nominal commercial value for the inclusion in such media.
Odds of Winning:
· It is impossible to determine the odds of winning as this Contest is judged upon creativity and quality.
· You represent that all information that you supply in the Contest is complete and accurate. If you submit incomplete or inaccurate information, PennySaver reserves the right to withdraw the award and the prize.
· By participating in the Contest, you acknowledge that all information contained on the Website with regard to the Contest is be protected by one or more valid copyrights, patents, trademarks, trade secrets, or other proprietary rights, and that all such rights, are owned by PennySaver or its licensors or suppliers. PennySaver reserves all rights. You may not replicate, modify, publish, or participate in the transfer or sale of, create derivative works from, or in any way exploit this information.
· By registering for and/or participating in the Contest, you agree and grant permission for your name, picture, voice, likeness, and/or biographical information to be used for promotional purposes including but not limited to printing, publishing, audio and video recording and broadcast and use in any media and at any time without compensation. You agree to cooperate reasonably in such promotion if you are a prizewinner.
· As a condition of being awarded any prize, the winner will be required to execute and deliver to PennySaver a signed affidavit of eligibility and acceptance of these Contest Rules and release of liability.
· If the winner is unable or unwilling to sign such affidavit of eligibility and acceptance of the Contest Rules and release of liability, an alternate winner will be chosen and the alternate winner shall receive the prize.
· If you should be awarded the prize and you are a US citizen or US permanent resident, you will be required to provide your Social Security or tax identification number. The winner will be provided with an IRS form 1099 with regard to their award.
· If you should be awarded the prize and you are not a US citizen or US permanent resident, you will be required to disclose that fact to PennySaver. PennySaver will withhold income tax from any award to students that are not US citizens or permanent residents as may be required by law.
· If you decline or fail to cooperate in these matters, PennySaver reserves the right to withdraw the award and the prize.
· Winners are responsible for all taxes that may apply to winnings.
· By registering for and/or participating in the Contest you agree that PennySaver shall not be liable for or responsible for any damage, loss, or claim under any circumstances. PENNYSAVER MAKE MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED.
· The law governing contests under state and federal law will apply. You agree to comply with all applicable laws, statutes and regulations in relation to this contest.
· The Contest may not be legally permissible in certain areas, and the Contest is void where prohibited.
Each entrant agrees that
a) Any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and any judicial proceeding shall take place in a federal or state court in Orange County, California;
b) Any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorney’s fees;
c) Under no circumstances will the entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and the entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, and consequential damages, and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and the Sponsor in connection with this Contest shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction), that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than those of the State of California.
Winners List; Rules Request:
· For a copy of the name of the winner(s), send a stamped, self addressed, business-size envelope after December 31, 2010 and before December 31, 2011 to PennySaver at the sponsor address listed below, Attn: WEB - Contest Winners List.
· To obtain a copy of these rules, send a stamped, self-addressed business-size envelope to PennySaver at the sponsor address listed below, Attn: WEB - “December Christmas Contest” Rules Request. Residents of WA and VT may omit return postage.
· The sole sponsor of this contest is PennySaverUSA.com, a division of Harte-Hanks Shoppers, Inc., 2830 Orbiter Street, Brea, California 92622.
Copyright Ó 2010 by Harte-Hanks Shoppers, Inc.