PennySaverUSA Success Story Contest
PennySaver and PennySaverUSA.com are all about connecting buyers and sellers. We want to know that every ad is as successful for the buyer as it is the seller. For our PennySaverUSA Success Story Contest, we want to learn all about the success you've had with the PennySaver brand. Send us a short essay (250 words or less) by 10/29/2012 about a successful transaction you've had using the PennySaver or PennySaverUSA.com, and you’ll be entered in our contest for a chance to win $250. Our judges will review all of our entries and judge on content, originality, and clarity (save our eyes and spellcheck).
Sold your baby's new crib on PennySaverUSA? Found your first car? We want to hear about it all!Official Contest Rules
“PennySaverUSA Success Story” Contest
2012 Official Rules (the “Rules”)
PennySaverUSA.com, a division of Harte-Hanks Shoppers, Inc. (“PennySaver’”) presents the 2012 “PennySaverUSA Success Story” Contest (the “Contest”). To enter, contestants have to share a short essay (250 words or less) describing the success they’ve experienced either through placing an ad on PennySaverUSA.com, or in the PennySaver print publication, or by responding to an ad they found on PennySaverUSA.com, or in the PennySaver print publication. PennySaver will only accept submission through our Contest page on PennySaverUSA.com, and our dedicated Contest tab on our PennySaverUSA Facebook page. PennySaverUSA will not accept submissions through Facebook Comments or Wall Posts.
To be eligible to enter, entrants must meet all of the following:
· Entrants must be at least 18 years old on the date that you enter this Contest.
· Entrants must be a legal resident of the contiguous 48 states of the United States and the District of Columbia.
There is no entry fee or purchase necessary to participate in this contest.
The following persons are ineligible to enter or participate in the Sweepstakes:
· Employees of PennySaver and its affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions
· Advertising and promotional agencies
· The respective officers, directors and agents and the immediate family members and persons living in the same household of each of the above. “Immediate family members” include parents, siblings, spouses, and children
The Contest begins at 12:00:01 AM Pacific Standard Time on October 8th, 2012 and ends 11:59:59 PM Pacific Standard Time on October 29th, 2012.
How to Enter:
1. Go to the official PennySaverUSA.com contest page at http://pennysaverusa.com/contest or Facebook Contest Tab at http://www.facebook.com/PennySaverUSA/app_200103733347528
2. Complete the entry form and submit your story using the contest entry form.
· Essays must be no longer than 250 words
3. Once the form is submitted, your entry will be entered into the “Sellers” contest.
All submissions must be received on or before October 29th, 2012. No submissions will be considered that are received after 11:59 PM Pacific Standard Time on that date. A maximum of 1 entry per household will be accepted during the contest. Any entries in excess will be discarded.
· Registering for and/or participating in the Contest signifies your agreement to be bound by these Official Rules including all submission and eligibility requirements.
· Illegible and/or incomplete Entries submitted and/or entrants who do not meet the eligibility requirements are void.
· Submissions that are deemed inappropriate, indecent, obscene or disparaging of PennySaver, as determined by PennySaver in its sole discretion, will be disqualified.
· Proof of entering information on the Website does not constitute proof of delivery or receipt.
· PennySaver reserves the right to modify the scheduling of the Contest without prior notification.
· Use of computer programs, macro, programmed, robotic, automatic and other similar means to enter the Contest is prohibited and may result in the disqualification of the entrant. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an Entry, the Entry will be deemed to be submitted by the person in whose name the e-mail account is registered on the date the Entry is submitted.
· All submissions shall become, and shall remain, the sole property of PennySaver. Upon submission, PennySaver shall exclusively own all rights to and shall be entitled to unrestricted use of all such submissions without compensation, including without limitation the use of all submitted written text and pictures.
· PennySaver is not responsible for any lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, illegible, misdirected or misplaced submissions. By participating in the Contest, you warrant that your submission is original and that you have the right to transfer all rights in it to PennySaver.
· Questions regarding the Contest Rules or the Contest may be submitted by e-mail to email@example.com.
· Each Contestant may enter one (1) entry per household. Any attempt by any Contestant to enter more than the stated number of Submissions by using multiple/different profiles, email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that Entry and that Contestant may be disqualified.
· Stories will be judged for content and originality.
· Stories should contain details about the success of either placing an ad with PennySaverUSA.com or in the PennySaver print, or about the success of finding and reaching out to an ad found in the PennySaver or on PennySaverUSA.com
· Grammar, punctuation, and ease of readability will be considered in judging the submitted entry.
· One (1) grand prize will be awarded to one (1) Entrant, and (3) “Honorable Mention” prizes will be awarded to (3) Entrants.
· The grand prize shall consist of a two hundred and fifty dollars ($250) cash prize awarded in the form of a certified check. The (3) “Honorable Mention” prizes will be awarded in the form of a check for fifty dollars ($50) each.
· The total Approximate Retail Value (ARV) of all prizes is $400.
· Winners will be notified by e-mail with further details on how to claim a prize.
· If a prize is unclaimed, an alternate winner will be selected.
· The name of the winner may also be posted on our website at http://www.PennySaverUSA.com/ on a PennySaver of the Month page that archives all winners.
· In addition, the name of the winner shall be mentioned in an issue of the PennySaverUSA weekly flyer to be distributed in markets to be determined by PennySaver, on pennysaverusa.com and on selected online marketing channels for Pennysaverusa.com, including its branded Facebook page, Twitter feed and blog athttp://blog.pennysaverusa.com. There is nominal commercial value for the inclusion in such media.
Accuracy of Information:
· You represent that all information that you supply in the Contest is complete and accurate. If you submit incomplete or inaccurate information, PennySaver reserves the right to withdraw the award and the prize.
Acknowledgement of Proprietary Rights:
· By participating in the Contest, you acknowledge that all information contained on the Website with regard to the Contest is to be protected by one or more valid copyrights, patents, trademarks, trade secrets, or other proprietary rights, and that all such rights, are owned by PennySaver or its licensors or suppliers. PennySaver reserves all rights. You may not replicate, modify, publish, or participate in the transfer or sale of, create derivative works from, or in any way exploit this information.
· By registering for and/or participating in the Contest, you agree and grant permission for your name, picture, voice, likeness, and/or biographical information to be used for promotional purposes including but not limited to printing, publishing, audio and video recording and broadcast and use in any media and at any time without compensation. You agree to cooperate reasonably in such promotion if you are a prizewinner.
Affidavit and Release
· As a condition of being awarded any prize, the winner will be required to execute and deliver to PennySaver a signed affidavit of eligibility and acceptance of these Contest Rules and release of liability.
· If the winner is unable or unwilling to sign such affidavit of eligibility and acceptance of the Contest Rules and release of liability, an alternate winner will be chosen and the alternate winner shall receive the prize.
· If you should be awarded the prize and you are a US citizen or US permanent resident, you will be required to provide your Social Security or tax identification number. The winner will be provided with an IRS form 1099 with regard to their award.
· If you should be awarded the prize and you are not a US citizen or US permanent resident, you will be required to disclose that fact to PennySaver. PennySaver will withhold income tax from any award to students that are not US citizens or permanent residents as may be required by law.
· If you decline or fail to cooperate in these matters, PennySaver reserves the right to withdraw the award and the prize.
· Winners are responsible for all taxes that may apply to winnings.
Limitation of Liability:
· By registering for and/or participating in the Contest you agree that PennySaver shall not be liable for or responsible for any damage, loss, or claim under any circumstances. PENNYSAVER MAKE MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED.
Applicable Law; Void Where Prohibited:
· The law governing contests under state and federal law will apply. You agree to comply with all applicable laws, statutes and regulations in relation to this contest.
· The Contest may not be legally permissible in certain areas, and the Contest is void where prohibited.
Each entrant agrees that
a) Any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and any judicial proceeding shall take place in a federal or state court in Orange County, California;
b) Any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorney’s fees;
c) Under no circumstances will the entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and the entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, and consequential damages, and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and the Sponsor in connection with this Contest shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction), that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than those of the State of California.
Winners List; Rules Request:
· For a copy of the name of the winner(s), send a stamped, self addressed, business-size envelope after January 31st, 2012 and before January 31st, 2014 to PennySaver at the sponsor address listed below, Attn: WEB - Contest Winners List.
· To obtain a copy of these rules, send a stamped, self-addressed business-size envelope to PennySaver at the sponsor address listed below, Attn: WEB - “PennySaverUSA Success Story Contest" Rules Request. Residents of WA and VT may omit return postage.
· The sole sponsor of this contest is PennySaverUSA.com, a division of Harte-Hanks Shoppers, Inc., 2830 Orbiter Street, Brea, California 92821.
Copyright 2012 by Harte-Hanks Shoppers, Inc.